[Classic] Academic

Interested in joining guild on RO? Read here, and post a thread!

Moderators: Foaad, Master_Loki

[Classic] Academic

Postby DiscoDan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi, I'm Dan. You can call me Dan, but I also respond to "SP please."

I started playing in 2006 or maybe 2007 on iRO Iris, and I've only ever seriously played the mage class jobs - high wizard and scholar. I first took WoE seriously when I was with Novercalis and was the guild's primary scholar. I later server transferred to iRO Chaos with a few friends and joined Azure Breeze where I also played exclusively scholar. I quit for a long time with the addition of Renewal, but I'm back now after a long hiatus to redo everything for the sake of nostalgia.

In WoE I'm most comfortable with support roles and obviously most experienced with scholar. However, I don't know if you have loan accounts like other guilds, but if you do, and are willing to teach me, I'm interested in learning both High Priest and Soul Linker if you have enough scholars. As far as gear is concerned, I have the starter kit I suppose: feather beret, unfrozen silk, cranial guard, etc.
Admittedly, the gear could use some work.

I'm in the central standard time zone.

Availability for WoE is another rub. It really all depends on my schedule and whether I work days or nights.

I have Ventrillo and a mic. I'm more of a listener than a speaker though.

I'm a native English speaker and also a tutor. I also speak a tiny bit of German.

I'm looking for a guild that I can just generally play the game with. For the most part I've soloed all the way to 99. As I write this my scholar is level 77 and I'd like to join a guild that's active and does things with guild members - PvM, MvP, WoE, I've done it all in the past, and I'd like to do it again while making new friends. Valkyrie seems like the best place on Classic to do it.

Thank you for reading and if you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them.
DiscoDan

Re: [Classic] Academic

Postby Faint » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Welcome your in luck as we are in the market for a defensive scholar As were transition to a gvgmebro style
Ur credentials look good do you use discord as well ? Stop by east prontera and talk with some of our players etc and we can get you a guild invite maybe have u come with us on a oklinir run to see your team play.
Faint

Postby cidjd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Welcome and thanks for the application. It looks good so far and you don't seem to be far (levelwise) to be woe ready on your own scholar. How long ago did you join Classic?
ImageImageImageImage
cidjd2

Postby DiscoDan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:44 am

Hello again, and thank you for your positive replies!

Faint, I'm not familiar with Discord, but I am a fast learner, and I don't know that I'm quite ready for Okolnir yet hahaha, but I'd be happy to join once I get a few more levels.

cidjd2, Yup, I think two or three AL3 parties and he'll be sorted, and I had to take a short break, but I've been playing about a month and a half in all.
DiscoDan

Postby Dokey » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:06 pm

I'm originally from Iris and was also in AB for a short while. What were your character names? :D
You can't fool owls.
Dokey

Postby KingOfJokerz » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Honestly Okolnir runs aren't hard. It' just about following directions. :pls:
KingOfJokerz

Postby Lxst » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 pm

+1
Lxst

Return to Guild Applications (Ragnarok Online)